Beth Israel Messianic Synagogue
From Sundown February 24 to Sundown March 17, 2011
Dear Beth Israelites,
I want to invite you to join us for Beth Israel Messianic Synagogue's annual "Daniel Fast." We dedicate 21 days to fasting and prayer, as Daniel did, seeking personal and congregational breakthroughs.
We want breakthroughs from longstanding hindrances and difficulties that try to defeat us or stop us from fulfilling the will of God. We want victory over anything that threatens our well-being and future.
We are fasting and praying so we can move into a fresh, new season of ministry to the Jewish people of Jacksonville, and into the shalom and prosperity God wants to give us.
Everyone can participate at his or her own level and own way. We'll take inspiration from Daniel, who sought the Lord with all his heart, and believed that the breakthrough he needed would come when he prayed with fasting (Daniel 10).
May the Lord bless you!
Rabbi David Levine
Topics for Prayer
We will pray that the Lord God will open our own eyes, and especially reveal to us things that we haven’t seen or understood before.
- We will ask the Lord to help us understand things which are “mysterious” to us.
- We will seek wisdom regarding these matters so we know what to do, how to do it, why to do it, and the timing and sequence for our actions.
- We will also pray that the Lord will give us His breakthrough in areas of our lives that have resisted change.
- We will pray for God's direction and provision for Beth Israel’s future location.
- We will pray for the establishment of our congregation's ministry leaders, and for each member to find his or her place of service in the congregation.
- For full employment for our congregation. We will pray for financial blessings and prosperity for all of God's people who are participating in this fast, and for their families and loved ones.
- We will pray for the health and healing of all who are fasting together this time.
- We will pray for the peace of Jerusalem, that the government of Israel will make wise decisions, that Jewish hearts will be spiritually open, and that Jewish people will return to God through Yeshua the Messiah.
- We will pray for Israel's protection from all terrorism and nuclear threats, especially from Iran, Hizbullah, and Hamas.
We will pray for the peace and well-being of our country and city. We will intercede for President Barack Obama and his cabinet members, and Congress, along with the governor of our State and the mayor of our city. We will pray that our president will have a heart for Israel.
We will pray for the economic situation of our country and its global effect.
We will pray that anti-Semitism in American and European society will be weakened and replaced by love and respect for the Jewish people, especially among Christians.